The Patterson Club
A Proud Tradition of Friendship and Sportsmanship
Welcome to The Patterson Club, a private year-round club with sports, social and dining activities for the entire family.
Our facilities reflect the needs and interests of our diverse membership and the staff is dedicated to delivering friendly and professional service.
In keeping with our history, we are guided by these fundamental principles:
Treat our fellow members, guests and staff with respect
Enjoy our golf course, clubhouse, racquets and pool facilities with thoughtfulness and appreciation
Provide an inclusive environment and recreational instruction for all levels
Promote camaraderie through Recreational, Social and Dining Activities
Furnish a means by which the members and the Club serve the best interests of the community
Ensure the continuity of, and commitment to, long-term strategic planning and financial security of the Club
A brief history of our Club
The Patterson Club was founded in 1929 by a dedicated group of General Electric employees as a Dining & Social Club to “promote good fellowship among Kindred Spirits.” The Club’s name is derived from Mr. Charles E. Patterson, Vice President & General Manager of the Appliance and Merchandise Department, as he was a great supporter in the formative years. The Club’s original home was located at the beautiful Harral Homestead in Bridgeport, CT.
In December 1945 General Electric purchased Quasset Farm in Fairfield; formerly the Franklin Banks farm, from the Palmer family for the betterment of their local employees so that the Club could be expanded to include golf facilities. The Palmer family trained hunting and jumping horses on the 163-acre tract that included the existing large white barn that served as a horse barn. The original farmhouse remained a major part of the members’ clubhouse including numerous renovations and additions to accommodate a growing membership culminating in the opening of the new clubhouse in May 2010.
Over the years the Club has grown to become a private year-round family oriented country club with upscale casual dining, inclusive social experiences, swimming & diving facilities, tennis and platform tennis and a magnificent Robert Trent Jones, Sr. designed 18-hole golf course. The Patterson Club has a proud history of fostering member camaraderie while operating in a financially viable manner and a good neighbor policy.
Keeping in the rich tradition and pride of our early members The Patterson Club’s unique logo serves as an ongoing symbol of our heritage. The Bluebird is also recognized as our golf mascot given the ritual migratory path of bluebirds over the Patterson property. Each contributes to the full appreciation of the Club’s history.
To learn more about the Club and its facilities please visit the Membership Info link.